Ask This Outdated Home basic contractor Tom Silva installs a substitute for a gutter when a conventional one doesn’t work.
Click on right here to SUBSCRIBE to the official This Outdated Home YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=thisoldhouse
Time: 2 hours
Ability Degree: Newbie
Instruments Record for Putting in Gutter Options:
Aluminum rain dispersal system
1. Take away the previous gutter by prying off the spikes with a hammer and a prybar. Then, unscrew the gutter from the fascia with the drill driver.
2. Mark 10” from the top of the home, then 30” from the top of the home, then 50” from the top.
3. Screw the mounting brackets in your marks as far down the fascia board as potential. It must be no less than 4” down from the roof edge and 1 ½” from the drip edge.
4. Clip the louvres on the rain dispersal system into the brackets.
5. Repeat the method as essential to cowl the entire facet of the home.
In most circumstances, conventional fashion gutters are the best at diverting water as far-off from buildings as potential, however in addition they require a downspout to be able to redirect that water. In instances the place giant sections of roof require a gutter and there’s no good place for a downspout, a rain dispersal system generally is a viable possibility.
Tom put in a white aluminum rain dispersal system, manufactured by Rainhandler (https://www.rainhandler.com/). The system comes with screws, brackets, and extenders if the fascia board is just too quick.
Ask This Outdated Home TV
Householders have a digital truckload of questions for us on smaller initiatives, and we’re able to reply. Ask This Outdated Home solves the regular stream of dwelling enchancment issues confronted by our viewers—and we make home calls! Ask This Outdated Home options some acquainted faces from This Outdated Home, together with Kevin O’Connor, basic contractor Tom Silva, plumbing and heating knowledgeable Richard Trethewey, and panorama contractor Roger Prepare dinner.
This Outdated Home releases new segments each Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Key phrases: This Outdated Home, How-to, dwelling enchancment, DIY, tom silva, gutters, drainage, set up, exterior, ask this previous home
Watch the complete episode: https://www.thisoldhouse.com/watch/gutterless-gutters-desert-plan-ask-toh
Observe This Outdated Home and Ask This Outdated Home:
Tweets by AskTOH